RANCBAVIC WODONGA REGIONAL REUNION WASHUP
1. On behalf of the Committee of RANCBAVIC this is a big thank you to all those that made the regional reunion in Wodonga such a huge success. The committee of RANCBAVIC, a big thank you for all your assistance. But a very special thank you to the following - All the ladies that assisted in any way especially preparing the food for the meet and greet and sunday breakfast. But also for the way the kitchen was left after such a couple of huge clean-ups. Not an easy job for so many people. Thankyou, thankyou very much. Also the boys that set up the wonderful room each day and then cleaned up afterwards. Also those boys that assisted with the cooking both times - BZ everybody.
2. A couple of older members were unable to attend due to accicdents just prior to the event, thankfully they are both recovering well and we look forward to catching up with them at the National reunion in Canberra in November.
3. The programme ran perfectly and all of the planned events went off without without a glitch, that is once we sorted the bus driver on arrival!! It really was a faultless weekend and was made all the better with a very humerous tour of the township of Beechworth which was followed by Ned (Parsons) Kelly being retried again for god only knows how many times, in the local courthouse. The laughter just kept flowing.
4. Both RSL venues were perfect, Beechworth with EX Sparker Brendon Honey their president for lunch on Saturday, and the Wondonga RSL with 78 of us for a beautiful 2 course dinner topped off with a group photo under the White ensign.
5. After some discussion the committee is now looking to move the timing of future reginal reunions to warmer months, possibly late March or early April. This however will not apply for times that Vietnam Vets day falls on a weekend - eg 2018 where we will have the reunion to coincide, and endeavour to join the local march.
6. Just in case I have overlooked anybody - once again a huge thankyou to all that assisted in any way on the weekend and the committee looks forward to many more such functions. Stay posted.
7. Bring on the National reunion in Canberra - I look forward to catching up with many old salts!!